Saturday, March 28, 2009

Backup your PC

Well PC/Personal Computer/persocom/a black box/ whatever you called it has different usage for every individuals. Of course, most of them consist of important documents which we will cry be sad if we eventually lose it.
Stuffs like assignments :P are important.

There are a few ways to backup your PC.
  1. Backup at your external HDD.
    An exact copy of what I currently have. Anyway, any users could simply add in documents when they fill like doing backup or by using application such as winrar, norton backup, Acronis True Image or any backup applications. This of course uses your own harddrisk space.




  2. Backup using a free online base storage
    Well any users can register Mozy (Click this link) which provides 2gb free storage for you to backup your computer. All you have to do is to setup, sit back and relax. It will perform backup the way you set it. I set it to backup my documents (this is because my isp isn't good) therefore documents for me only.
    Oh yea, you are able to download the documents online as well.
    And of course, you can use file sharing system like rapidshare, megaupload, or mediafire.
    Web Control Panel

    Application's Configuration

    Application
  3. Pendrives
    You can also copy paste it to you pendrive. But the chances that it will be lost is high :). So backup smartly.

    ok.... you caught me, the small thinggy is my usb donggle not pendrive.. its to illustrate the size of the pendrive anyway :P. Besides I use to have a pendrive that small but due to misplacing I lost it. See!! It isn't save to keep it in a pendrive.
More to come if I could think of anyway except burning it into VCDs/DVDs.

1 comment:

  1. that WD HDD really looks like mine.. haha
    hey, add a cbox la.. easier to say things.. lol
    good post btw.. =)
    i think i'll just use the first way since EBB's sucky connection wont allow us to upload online.. =P

    ReplyDelete